Fall is the perfect time to give your liver a little extra love.
The importance of holistic liver care cannot be underestimated. Your liver is one of the most multi-functional organs in your body, silently performing a myriad of tasks on a daily basis. Some of your liverâ€™s functions include:
- Detoxification: Converts drugs and other toxic substances into substances that can be more easily excreted through your urine and other eliminatory channels.Â
- Protein metabolism: Produces a number of amino acidsâ€”the building blocks of protein.
- Fat metabolism: Produces bile and bile salts, which are critical for digesting fat and for the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.Â
- Carbohydrate metabolism and blood sugar balance: Helps regulate your blood sugar by converting excess glucose into glycogenâ€”an energy form that can be saved for later use.Â
- Vitamin and nutrient storage: In addition to storing glycogen, your liver stores fat-soluble vitamins, such as A,D, E, and K.Â
- Blood storage: Contains 10-15% of your blood at any given time.Â
Read the full article here!